Farnham Memorial Hall has reopened, and outside there is a beautiful commemorative display of 5 soldier silhouettes.  The 5 silhouettes represent the 5 men who lost their lives serving their Country in the 1st World War.  The Farnham Memorial Hall was built by the owner of Farnham United Breweries Ltd where the the men were employed before the war.  As a continuing tribute the newly refurbished rooms are named after the individuals; George William Ayres,  Mark William George Glazier, Charles Thomas Hawkins, Frederick Charles Mansey, and John Baden-Powell Wallace. On 23rd October 1947 the Memorial Hall and its grounds were handed over to the council from Farnham United Breweries Ltd “for the use and benefit of the inhabitants of the Urban District”.