£25,000 - £36,000pa
We are looking for a CAD Mechanical Design Engineer to join our client’s growing team to design a large range of standard and bespoke products within the construction sector, our client is open to candidates at junior to senior levels.
As the CAD Mechanical Design Engineer you will:
- Provide 2D and 3D modelling on a wide range of products
- Create design concepts based on customers’ specification
- prepare dimensional drawings, assembly instructions and complex drawings of projects
- Develop catalogue products improving functionality while keeping costs low
- Innovate new products
- Provide analysis and testing of products, carrying out load tests and function tests to ensure the sold product is a quality product.
Additional senior level CAD Mechanical Design Engineer responsibilities:
- Check other designers work as part of the design process
- Work on more complex new product development projects
- Work with fabricators to develop products to be quicker to manufacture as well as more cost effective.
- Taking ownership of larger projects ensuring deadlines are met and budgets are kept,
- Assist the Team Manager with managerial tasks
The ideal CAD Mechanical Design Engineer candidate will have:
- Minimum 1 year industry experience
- 2 years plus for more senior levels
- 2D and 3D CAD experience (SolidWorks preferred, other CAD packages considered)
- Engineering Degree or similar qualifications or design experience
- Sheet Metal and or construction industry experience
- Finite element analysis experience
- Product Data Management experience within SolidWorks.
Thank you for your application however due to the high volume of candidates applying, if you have not heard back from us within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.