£65,000 - £70,000pa
12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT WITH GENUINE PROSPECT OF EXTENSION
The contract will run 1st April 2018 – 31st March 2019
Inspiring, challenging opportunity for a qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years at Financial Controller or Project Accounting level to deliver all elements of financial planning and reporting on Phase 2 of a Government/Industry Funded Defence Sector Project.
Forming part of the SLT position has a high degree of responsibility for the delivery of sound financial management, reporting and transparent procurement activity.
Generous Benefits Package including Company Bonus & 28 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays.
Essential skills & Experience:
- Proven strategic planning, reporting and project accounting skills.
- Must be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified and have worked at Financial Controller level.
- Experience of preparing budgets and forecasts in support of core objectives.
- Analysis of financial and commercial data and quarterly reporting of performance against budget and re-forecasting.
- Proven ability to engage with external stakeholders and deliver presentations.
- Granted funded programme experience advantageous.
- Capacity to report performance against KPI’s from a commercial and financial perspective.
- Must have extensive experience of using Excel in order to manage project and financial data (Advanced Level)
- Charismatic personality, articulate communicator who has sound commercial skills and is able to challenge activities not aligned with core project objectives and financial plans.
- Are you a fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)?
- Have you got 3 years plus experience at Financial Controller level?
- Have you got public sector accounting experience?
- Do you have grant funded programmes experience?
- Do you enjoy financial analysis and reporting – this is the core of the position?
Thank you for your application however due to the high volume of candidates applying, if you have not heard back from us within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.