£18,000 - £20,000 pa
Great opportunity to join a long established business and be trained in all elements of payroll administration. The position is office based and the offices are in the centre of Farnham; easily accessible by car or public transport.
Working in a team of seven payroll experts the trainee payroll administration will be trained using a “hands on” applied learning style and will be mentored by various members of the payroll team. The level of responsibility will increase as various stages of the training are completed but the key responsibilities will be.
Trainee Payroll Administrator responsibilities include:
- Data entry: entering employee details onto the payroll system. Update and making amendments to employee and company records.
- Entering information onto weekly and monthly payrolls in preparation for processing.
- Under the guidance of a mentor, processing payrolls.
- Payroll checking and filing EPS and FPS returns.
- Answering all calls into the payroll department taking messages and dealing with queries when technically able to.
- Filing payroll documents and general department admin.
- Liaising with HMRC regarding employee payroll queries.
- Corresponding with clients via email.
- Learning the legislative and statutory obligations associated to running payrolls e.g. SMP/SSP.
- Training will be given on payroll analysis and manual payroll calculations.
Trainee Payroll Administrator – Required Skills & Experience.
- GCSE Maths and English Grade 9-4 or equivalent.
- Interest in learning all about payroll processes both technical and administrative
- Experience of working in an office beneficial but not essential.
- Well spoken with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good keyboard skills which are accurate and the ability to demonstrate care attention in work is essential.
- Most importantly the successful candidate must be enthusiastic about learning and working in a team in an office environment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.