£35,000 - £40,000pa
Our client is a Software House who offer management solutions within the legal market. They are looking for a Software Engineer/ Systems Programmer, who is keen to be involved in the client side of the business as well as the technical. You will be involved in client consultation and advisement, the production of technical documentation, estimates, hands on programming, installations and the configuration of systems.
As the Software Engineer/ Systems programmer you will:
- Become technically proficient in 3e and work alongside the technical team to develop scalable, robust system solutions, primarily using VB.Net, MSSQL and XML related technologies including XSLT and XPATH
- Maintain, update and enhance existing internal and external systems
- Design and develop new solutions
- Suggest fresh ideas and innovative solutions
- Liaise with clients to understand and translate their requirements into technical specifications
- Implement technical specifications
- Explain requirements and answer any questions and confirm details with the client
- Assist in developing efficient processes, suggesting improvements to those processes and help to implement
- Learn the functional side of the role, understand what is being coded and relevant consideration
- The role will be office based but travel to client site will be required.
The ideal Software Engineer/ Systems Programmer will have:
- 3+ years’ experience in a development/systems role
- Knowledge of Microsoft programming languages particularly VB.Net
- Knowledge of database technology including Microsoft SQL Server and TSQL
- General IT awareness with the ability to resolve coding and system errors
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies
- A desire to get involved with systems as well as development i.e. Server maintenance and configuration
- Strong grades in Maths and English
- IT relevant qualifications including software development required, systems design advantageous,
- Previous consultancy experience highly advantageous
- Strong work ethic and drive to ensure commitments are achieved
- Excellent attention to detail with a pro-active approach
- Presentable with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to understand functional requirements and design technical approaches from them.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.