£22,000 - £25,000pa – negotiable depending on experience
We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Technologist from a Fresh Produce (herbs or salad), Agriculture or Farming back ground to join our clients well established and growing company.
As the Quality Assurance Technician you will:
- Monitor site standards and ensure compliance to food safety, legal and customer requirements, ensuring the site is “audit ready” at all times.
- Assess product quality and adherence to specifications throughout process (goods intake, storage, grading & weighing, packing, picking).
- Report findings advise on sourcing and drive quality improvements.
- Undertake supplier audits including farm visits in the UK and abroad.
- Maintain, review, check, collect process control documents.
- Support continuous product improvement
- Shelf life test finished products and support product benchmarking.
- Provide support with customer enquiries
- Support continuous improvement by delivering specific internal training.
- Assist with management of outsourced services
- Support site waste minimisation program
- Support HACCP/TACCP Teams and QMS review as requested.
- Be willing to travel within and outside of the UK for up to 2 weeks per year.
- Hours Sunday to Thursday 06:00 – 14:30
The ideal Quality Assurance Technician will have:
- Fresh produce (herbs or salad), agriculture or farming industry experience with Fresh produce Quality Assurance/ Quality Control.
- Knowledge of the British Retail Consortium (BCR)
- Experience of hygiene, Auditing, and hazard analysis
- Be a team player and have an outgoing personality with the ability to push back when required
Sunday to Thursday 06:00 – 14:30
Thank you for your application however due to the high volume of candidates applying, if you have not heard back from us within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.