£25,000 - £27,000 pa
Providing administration support to a busy Tax Associate specialising in corporate tax and general support to the whole Tax Department in busy periods, particularly November – January.
Hybrid Working Opportunity after training
Administrator – responsibilities and duties will be varied and will include
- Compiling and processing standard letters, including engagement letters, to clients and HMRC.
- Field calls for the Tax Associate, take messages and deal with basic requests for information from clients etc.
- Arrange meetings on behalf of the Tax Associate (virtual and face to face) and ensure they have the relevant files/data for the meeting.
- Help Tax Associate keep on top of their paper filing by scanning in those records that need to be kept for future reference and saving to CCH our document management system (once trained and with appropriate knowledge of the system)
- Liaise with clients and other members of staff for information required by the tax department by telephone and email
- Call HMRC via telephone to chase them when clients tax repayments or other claims have not been processed, or replies to letters have not been received.
- Logging in to HMRC online website to look up information for the tax team, like tax payments made or whether a tax return is required (appropriate training will be given)
- Preparation and of data on Excel spreadsheets and updating existing spreadsheets with information.
- Populate corporate tax returns with basic information from clients (using Alphatax software once trained and with appropriate knowledge of the system).
- Issue tax returns to clients for approval via client portal or email or post and at busy times of year assist with submission to HMRC once approved (appropriate training will be given).
- Assist the tax team with the production and filing of personal tax returns (November to January). (appropriate training will be given)
- Ensuring client records are up to date and accurate, and all relevant information is scanned onto client files and held in CCH (our document management system)
- Update the tax intranet library.
Administrator – Attributes & Experience
- The position requires an individual who is detail orientated, with good organisation skills and able to follow and understand the application of processes once trained.
- Capacity to use initiative and think beyond an initial enquiry in terms of other information that should be conveyed or will be required in order to meet client/HMRC expectations is essential.
- Minimum of 2-3 years administration experience.
- Experience of professional service sector desirable but not essential
Administrator – Skills
- Confident user of Excel, specifically setting up and using existing spreadsheets and capacity to write basic formula e.g. using addition/subtraction/percentages for simple sums.
- Strong numerical skills and the capacity to compile professional written communications.
- Good standard of education. Must hold GCSE Maths & English Grade 4 or equivalent.
- Accurate keyboard skills and good numerical skills.
Hybrid working possible once 12 week training period completed. 3 days in the office – 2 days from home.
Thank you for your application however due to the high volume of candidates applying, if you have not heard back from us within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.